Excalibur blade cover
Photo 
Thanks, Guys.
Those supports look great. Can't see that they are shop built. I certainly see why they are needed too.

On a side note, guys, I seem to have lost one dimension I will need when designing the new hardware to mount these cover arms to. 
We now have a nice cnc lathe, so I can come up with something better than before.
What is the width of the Excalibur arm?
Thanks.

[Image: excalarmwidth.jpg]
Lee
put me down for one.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Lee, on mine (the original model) Mr. Caliper says 1.46".
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(07-27-2016, 09:59 AM)Stytooner Wrote: Those supports look great. Can't see that they are shop built. I certainly see why they are needed too.

Thanks. I bent the steel with a Veritas metal bender tool that I had sitting in a drawer. It was ideal for this project.

What is the advantage of your replacement guard over the original? Better visibility? Or better dust collection? Or both?
Vince Ancona
WoodNet Moderator
Editor, Woodsmith Magazine
both.  My dad has the original guard and I have Lee's replacement.  mine has noticeably better dust collection and its easier to see through, though I'm not usually looking at the blade when cutting.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(07-26-2016, 07:59 PM)Vince Wrote: I finished up making the braces over the weekend and installed them tonight. It's nice to finally have the boom leveled out instead of drooping.

[Image: IMG_1302_zpsnaddupvt.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1300_zps0db4y2qh.jpg]

(07-27-2016, 06:30 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Nice job, looks just like the OEM ones.

What Fred said.  Looks original.  Great job!
Thanks, Guys. Been a bit of a delay on these while I work out all the gcode for the cnc machines. That is taking longer than expected. Some other stuff jumped in my way. That is absolutely typical though.
Sad
I am getting there though.
I will post a CAD images on here soon though so you can see where it is going.
Lee
[Image: Excalibur.jpg]

Here is that image I mentioned I would post.
Not a lot different than the first one I made, but a few upgrades I think.
Lee
WHAT? no shark eyes?
Laugh
Laugh
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
when will they be available for order and how much?

Mark