Underground Concrete patching
I'm running a water line to my shed and the supply line will come out of my basement under ground.
Someone suggested to just use grout to seal the hole around the pipe all the way through the wall.
I just thought I'd pass this question through here before I run with the grout idea.

What works best to seal the pipe so that I will not get any ground water leaking through between the pipe and the concrete?

The basement wall is 8 inch thick, poured concrete and is 60 years old (if that matters for anything).
The pipe is half inch PVC, the outside diameter of which is about 3/4".

I'm borrowing an impact drill that can drill whatever size hole I need.
I recently used it to drill a 1 3/4" hole, which it drilled with little effort.

As always, thanks for your suggestions!
Ray
First I'd use spray foam to give a backer to the grout, then grout, then seal it with tar or other foundation sealer. Our old house I had water coming through around the water line from the well. I excavated down to the water line, did spray foam from the inside, grout on the outside and tar. After that I had no more issues
Thanks!
Stupid question - is there any particular tar or foundation sealer that's more trusted than others?
I don't want to be doing this again.
Ray
in your situation I would use roofing cement ( out of a can not a caulking tube). Apply it liberally push it in to help seal any missed areas  using gloves to protect your hands
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Thanks!
Ray
I'm thinking hydraulic cement around the pipe.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I agree, hydraulic cement is the correct product for this application.
well until the line fails it would be 

pipe need some sort of sleeve foam fits the need interior a grout patch and tar seal it outside without locking it into the wall
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I would not use PVC pipe for the waterline. PEX or PE are much better choices.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

PVC may not be the absolute best available on the market, but it's still suitable for this application.

I went with the hydraulic cement and installed it already last night. 
It seems like it's going to be enough on it's own, but I'm planning on coating the outside with tar still for some added protection against ground water.

Thanks to all for your suggestions!
Ray