Woodfiller
Whats the best woodfiller for fixing cracks, gouges etc. For kitchen cabinets that will be painted.

Im doing a partial kitchen rehab.. new counters, fixing repainting cabinets, new hardware. Id love to replace the kitchen cabinets completely but thats too large of a project currently.

So, the cabinets are painted white already, i plan to do an antique white paint with wood countertops, but need to fix some dings and such first. Itll be applied over paint (ill rough up and degrease the old paint) and then needs to be able to paint over the wood filler.

Please and thank you.
I use bondo for things I'll paint. The wood or auto kind
I find Bondo works well, too, as does Elmer's carpenter wood filler.  With either, be sure to prime before painting, especially if you use Bondo. 

John  
For a painted surface this is my go to solution

Durhams Rock Hard

Not my review, but it works great, make as much as you need, never shrinks, easily worked and sanded, and takes paint very well. Stain he wasn't sure of. I don't stain it, and don't think it takes stain well.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
For cracks, I use a wood glue syringe I purchased at a local True Value hardware store. Gouges are filled with bondo and other products since you are painting (no filers will accept stains). For dents, scratch away the paint and put water onto the bare wood. It will soak in and pop out the dent.