finishing teak
A friend just installed a bathroom vanity made of teak. it is unfinished. she says it needs to age for 2 weeks before she can apply " teak sealer". She does not want a high gloss finish, and is told that teak oil needs to be re-applied every 2 months. She checked with boat type places here and teak sealer is a special order item- and $50 a PINT.
I have never worked with teak, so I am all ears on this. HELP please and thank you

We had boats with lots of teak, both inside and out. She will need to decide if she wants to varnish/poly or not...you can get a satin sheen varnish. This being inside you will not have to do much from then on.  Probably best way to go unless she really likes the natural look.   They also have clear expoxy coatings that will last forever.  Or you can oil every few months.  I just left the outside stuff natural and scrubbed it down periodically. The inside teak came varnished and we left it that way. 

I wish teak wasnt so expensive...great wood to work with. I built a rowboat once and made the seats out of teak and left them natural.  Had one  3ft by 12in board left over that I use to sharpen on, over a sink.