Finish nailer suggestions
(07-20-2016, 06:56 PM)Bill Wilson Wrote: Well, they did install stuff like that, by hand,  for many years before air nailers were invented.  
Wink
Big Grin

I have a PC 18 ga brad nailer and a Senco 15 ga finish nailer.  Both have performed well for me.  They don't get contractor type use, but I did use them to put all new trim and interior doors in my daughter's house several years ago, plus misc other DIY and shop project use.  For T&G paneling, I would lean toward a 15 or 16 ga finish nailer.  I think you would be happy with most of the name brands available.  I've only used my Senco, so I can't comment on other brands.  Must say, I'm kinda surprised no one has brought Harbor Freight into the conversation yet.  I have no experience with them, but some of their nailers get good reviews for occasional use.

Noooooooooo! Iv'e tried a 15 ga nailer on t&g paneling, it'll split like no other. A 18ga works best.
Bought the 2 1/8 capacity Senco, it's worked great so far.

Ed
I would also suggest 18 gauge for the wall panel. Of all the nailers, pinners, and such it seems 18 gauge is the most forgiving. At least this has been my experience. I still suggest good quality nails, saying that HF isn't where I go look for mine..
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
big bostitch fan myself. wish they woulda had the oilless 18 gauge when i got mine a few years ago, but mine's still cruising along just fine.
For paneling I would use an 18 gauge brad nailer. Almost any brand will do. A nailer that shoots brad nails from 1/2" to 2" would be an all around brad nailer.There are some nail guns that will shoot 3/8" to 1-3/16" in 18 gauge.
I have both ,both are PC. I have used Makita,Hitachi,Senco ,Bostich and probably a dozen others.
mike
I'd the 15 ha angled finish nail from HF. You can get an extended warranty for around $20. In 2 years just bring it back and pay for another extended warranty. The angled gun gets into tight spots.