Finish nailer suggestions
What's a good pneumatic finishing nail gun?
If women don't find you handsome, at least let 'em find you handy!
Hitachi or Senco
Rusty
Poppa's Woodworks
I have three Porter Cable models, 18, 16 and clipped head framer. Trouble free for 15 years. All were used in a small business for 5 years. Do not know about newer models.

I oiled them before each use and periodically during long use.
I have a GREX pin nailer, PC 16 & 18 ga. nailers and a PC narrow crown stapler.  All work.  I will buy GREX when next I need a gun.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(07-19-2016, 09:22 PM)Eazyduzzit Wrote: What's a good pneumatic finishing nail gun?

Describe "finish nailer" 

Are you looking for a specific gauge? A certain price range? Lot's of variables to choose from. If unsure possibly examples of type of work you will use it on? Not trying to be difficult, but there are a lot of users here with a lot of experience, and the more info you give, the better we can answer. I'll throw out that most of us have more than one gun due to different gauges, but some have more than one of the same gauge The reason for the later is price usually. We tried to get by using the cheap one, and found it didn't always fill the bill, now we still have the cheap one, usually unused, and the replacement which we use, or in some cases the string of unending replacements until we finally ponied up and spent a few scheckles for the one we use..

A few factoids.

Senco makes a good product in Cincinnati Ohio, these have Senco boldly embedded into the casting, their foreign ones have a sticker that says Senco, not so wonderful.

In 23 gauge Grex cost a bit, but is worth every penny
Wink

Usually it's better to use a cheaper gun, but expensive nails than the other way.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I don't have much use for one, but I have a room full of tongue and groove paneling to install and I want to tong nail it. I don't see any other way of doing it, than with a finish nailer. I looked briefly at Home Depot, and they have a wall full but I don't really know what to get.
If women don't find you handsome, at least let 'em find you handy!
I had an 18 ga Bosch for 4 or 5 years.  Light and easy to use, and did everything I expected of it except last very long.  I only ever gave it light use, probably less than 2500 brads, but it died.  Probably only needs new seals or a trigger or something, but .....

I've had this  Senco 18 ga one now for a couple of years and so far so good.  Also only light use so far. 

John
(07-20-2016, 06:16 PM)Eazyduzzit Wrote: I don't have much use for one, but I have a room full of tongue and groove paneling to install and I want to tong nail it. I don't see any other way of doing it, than with a finish nailer. I looked briefly at Home Depot, and they have a wall full but I don't really know what to get.

Well, they did install stuff like that, by hand,  for many years before air nailers were invented.  
Wink
Big Grin

I have a PC 18 ga brad nailer and a Senco 15 ga finish nailer.  Both have performed well for me.  They don't get contractor type use, but I did use them to put all new trim and interior doors in my daughter's house several years ago, plus misc other DIY and shop project use.  For T&G paneling, I would lean toward a 15 or 16 ga finish nailer.  I think you would be happy with most of the name brands available.  I've only used my Senco, so I can't comment on other brands.  Must say, I'm kinda surprised no one has brought Harbor Freight into the conversation yet.  I have no experience with them, but some of their nailers get good reviews for occasional use.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

OK, Harbor Freight.  I have a couple of HF staplers and they work fine for my purposes which is very low usage.  I helped a guy put up a T&G ceiling a year or so ago and he had an 16 ga. HF nailer.  I used it a little bit and found it very poorly made.  It jambed a couple of times on the HF nails, and the safety nose seemed very rinky dink to me.  I can't quite remember how the depth adjustment worked but I was not impressed.  I don't yet have a 16 ga nailer, and I won't be buying that one when the need arises for one. 

John
I have two HF nailers.  The 23 g pin nailer and their pneumatic hardwood flooring nailer.  Both have worked very well for me.  The pinner was maybe $20 after the 20% off coupon.  I have probably shot 200 pins through it and I didn't have one jam.  I'm not going to say it's a great tool but for my purposes it has done exactly what I needed on very small hard maple trim pieces.  IIRC, I read here or somewhere else that the HF nails are softer in comparison to the Bostitch or PC brand.  I did spend the extra amount for the PC pins. 

The flooring nailer did 800 sq/ft of 3/4 WO T/G flooring with no hiccups.  Another bargain in my book.  I could probably resell it for 2/3 of what I paid for it.  I believe it's copied off the classic Bostitch design.  I used Bostitch staples with it and I know I sank several hundred if not over a thousand.  I haven't used any of their others but my older blue Craftsman crown stapler blew a seal and I will most likely replace it with the HF since I don't use a crown stapler much.  My 15 and 18g guns are both refurbished light green (older style) Hitachi's that I bought from Big Sky online.  They were bargain and excellent guns.  I have used both for a considerable amount of trim installation.  They are my two most commonly used sizes though so I wanted better guns.  The 15 g Hitachi fits very nicely into tight corners and it's very light with a nice plastic storage case.