Purchasing Walnut
I am in need of walnut for a cutting board. The walnut needs to be 3 inchs think in case I have to thin it down some. I need to the boards to be at least 25 inches in length. I will be making the cutting board 20 by 16 for the finished project. What supppliers do you guys recommend. Gary do you have anything this thick.
A slab dealer I have been pleased with is www.winelandwalnut.com/ and don’t let the name throw you. Trevor’s last name is Wineland. There is a lot of walnut orchard being ripped out due to age here in the Sacramento Valley.
Hi Glenn,
Check with TominStLouis; he may have some.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(07-20-2016, 09:03 PM)glennw Wrote: I am in need of walnut for a cutting board.

If you get domestic black walnut from an individual, please do be careful that it is either not coming from a quarantine zone or that it is bark-free and kiln dried.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.