It's always something, need to build a shed
Your OP said "permit". Didn't say what type. Here, a "zoning permit" is not a thing. One might need a zoning variance it you want to not comply with existing zoning requirements, but not a permit. In my case, building a shed on a slab not 5 feet off the property line would require a variance, for instance. But, its not a permit.

I certainly understand not wanting to get a building permit for a shed.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
It's been a while since I built one. I used T111 and if I could have done it over it would be Smartside. Over the years maintaining the T111 was a pain. Also, why do you think you need pressure treated plywood for the roof deck?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I resided the existing shed on my property with Hardipanel. Cementous clone of T-111. It is next to a pool and I didn't want wood there. The original T-111 didn't fare well.

I like the cement board. I'll definitely use it again in the future.

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(07-22-2016, 05:36 AM)Rick_B Wrote:  $3200 delivered and leveled. 

I'm in NC.  My 12x12, materials were 1200.00 but I don't have a window.  I suppose I could have gotten windows at Habitat for 50 bucks each or something.  Also its smart siding and not vinyl.  Vinyl would have added another few hundred which is still a lot less than 3200.
that's what I wanted to use on my building.  But it didn't meet the sheer strength that the county wanted.  Smartsiding did.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(07-22-2016, 11:40 AM)fredhargis Wrote: .... Also, why do you think you need pressure treated plywood for the roof deck?

That's my question, too.  It's a shed; I'd use OSB.
(07-22-2016, 09:37 PM)crokett™ Wrote: I'm in NC.  My 12x12, materials were 1200.00 but I don't have a window.  I suppose I could have gotten windows at Habitat for 50 bucks each or something.  Also its smart siding and not vinyl.  Vinyl would have added another few hundred which is still a lot less than 3200.

I'll admit I didn't even price materials - too old to consider doing it myself.  I likely could have done it cheaper but time does have value and I needed something fast.  I'm new to NC so I needed to consider the heat factor as well this time of year 
Big Grin.

Where are you located?  I'm in the Winston Salem area

Rick
Rick

thanks, I'll use OSB unless I decide to go with a metal roof.

I don't really want to go pre-built. For a lot of reasons. Might be a bad decision, but I specialize in those
(07-22-2016, 10:47 PM)meackerman Wrote: that's what I wanted to use on my building.  But it didn't meet the sheer strength that the county wanted.  Smartsiding did.

I assuming you were responding to me.  Threading is now different, but still incorrect, so not sure...

I can certainly believe that Hardipanel isn't as strong in shear as wood products.  Of course, I didn't bother to ask the city.  The shed I was residing is in the corner of my suburban lot and the two block walls serve as the bulk of two sides of the shed.  I'm pretty sure it ain't to code.  
Smile No setbacks.  Bolted to the wall.  Not bolted to the slab.  Spans two unique slabs.  But, its been here 30 years.  I'll argue it was on the pool permit and was approved if anyone ever asks.