Question about contract for built-ins . . .
Ridiculous, I have to agree with others. Ask upfront, don't try to expect something you didn't bargain for. If you really are a lawyer you sure should know better than that.
jasfrank is right. Don't try to play games. You will just both end up pissed off and more than likely he will do the absolute minimum to satisfy the contract and nothing more because he is pissed off. The difference in cost between standard ball bearing slides and Blum under mount slides is pretty significant,especially if there are a lot of drawers. Speaking as someone who makes a living as a woodworker I can tell you he isn't making a ton of money to start with. Taking part of the little bit of profit he is making and trying to force him to pay for something he may not have factored in to his cost is not a good way of doing business. More than likely it is an honest mistake and he has a standard slide he typically uses and just didn't think to put it in the contract. It really sounds like he just doesn't have much experience at writing contracts. There are a lot of great woodworkers out there that just have no skill at all when it comes to the business end.
"One concern I had (being a lawyer) is that if I ask about the drawer slides, he will then say, "oh no, you have to pay extra if you want Blum." But if I say nothing, I'll be able to say that the contract only specifies that I pay for drawer pulls and knobs, not slides".

To me the above statement sounds like someone who trying to get something for nothing.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
Not at all. I generally think that whoever writes a contract is stuck with it.  But I don't know how these contracts are usually done.  

I spoke with the contractor and all is good.  they use only Blum slides and hinges.  We discussed design.  All good.

(07-24-2016, 09:41 AM)David Stone Wrote: Not at all. I generally think that whoever writes a contract is stuck with it.  But I don't know how these contracts are usually done.  

I spoke with the contractor and all is good.  they use only Blum slides and hinges.  We discussed design.  All good.

Wonderful.  Glad you took the advice from the 3rd paragraph of my post.

In a society full of lawyers and binding written agreements, it's refreshing to know that adults can be in agreeance after a verbal discussion.