installing a window in a door
I would like to put a window in the back door of my garage to allow more light into the garage.  It's a 2 panel fiberglass door, large panel above, smaller below.  Can this be done?  I think there is only foam in between the inside and outside skins.  If I cut a hole in the door do I need to install some kind of framing for the new window?

Any advice would be helpful.
George
Yes they make drop in units that you just cut out the hole and slid the unit in from both sides and screw together.
This may not apply in your case, but we had that done at work. The company put in a number of overhead, aluminum insulated doors with no windows (they were in the specs) and they came back and simply cut the openings and installed windows. The ones they used had the window casings held together with screws, clamping them to aluminum sandwich. As I recall they did have a template to help guide the cutout, but there was no additional support added to the door.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
at least you can see what the unit looks like here

I install them pretty regularly, have yet to ever have an issue with this type of unit. You can get them as replacement units at reputable lumber yards 

I shy away for Big boxes on these they may be able to get them but it takes forever it seems
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Yeah, wood blocking if needed.  

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
Do the drop in units cost any less than a new door slab with a window installed already does?
Thanks guys. I'll check out my local supplier for a drop in unit.
George