My bad. I have more Cherry than Walnut
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
G, I sent you a PM yesterday and I have no idea if you rec'd it   :huh:
Please pray for our troops! Semper Fi!

Bob Ross (I used to be called "Doc")
www.theborkstore.com

Ok It gets weirder and stranger as we go. I looked real hard (didn't use to need to do that) and found your PM. So at some level you must have something enabled. But I went to send your response, and I got

"BacsiBob has private messaging disabled. You cannot send private messages to this user."  You need to go into your "USER CP" up in the top left corner of this page. There will be choices to make under "update your profile" or some such chit. I'm so thankful they gave us new software so even easy chores are now impossible to do, sheesh. Let me know when you get enabled, and I'll shoot this over to you.

Sorry about the strange text change, another issue here, evidently they don't like cut and paste  
Dodgy
Dodgy
Dodgy
Dodgy

GW
Give 'er a go now, Steve.

www.theborkstore.com

Now hear this! Secure from general quarters! This is not a drill.

Grandson went to Paxton Lumber and came home with 5 boards, FAS, total 49" wide all 9+' long and he had them 3 sided. They are planed to 1-5/16. I could only find one 1/4" knot hole in the lot. We stickered them for acclimation and if they stay flat, we'll use as is after ripping edges for glue up. They look like a 220 sanding would have them ready for finish. Absolutely gorgeous wood and very precise processing by Paxton.

www.theborkstore.com

Splines, dowels, biscuits, or Dominoes, even pocket holes (which would be my last choice) will keep alignment. 
I don't think you need it the other boards in the table will strengthen them.

Use whatever you have.  I would use biscuits because it is simple and I have a plate joiner.

But you don't have to do any of it, just glue as a butt joint. 

No matter which way you go, be sure to glue these separately before assembly and re-joint before doing the whole glueup.

Also an endgrain glueup would require epoxy to be strong and resist water intrusion.
Bob glad he got the stock worked out, he will be forever glad he swapped to get solid, full length stock. I shudder to think of what Paxton made off him though
Big Grin

GW