Spray gun storage
I now have a Qualspray 6008 (thanks John), a QS-600WB gravity feed gun, a couple Harbor Freight guns, and an old bottom feed pressure spray gun.  Right now I am just storing them in a couple draws.  I am thinking of building a cart just for all my spray equipment.(spray guns, accessories, etc.)  Anyone have any ideas or pictures?
(07-23-2016, 06:56 AM)mtl Wrote: I now have a Qualspray 6008 (thanks John), a QS-600WB gravity feed gun, a couple Harbor Freight guns, and an old bottom feed pressure spray gun.  Right now I am just storing them in a couple draws.  I am thinking of building a cart just for all my spray equipment.(spray guns, accessories, etc.)  Anyone have any ideas or pictures?

I just finished up this but it is really just for a single turbine unit.

[Image: 28529079925_03b4dab4cb_c.jpg]

Back has about the center cut away at the bottom so there will be plenty of air flow for the turbine. 

Bought a cheap hose hanger for the side.  Found it in the garden center but it is way to light to hang garden hose, fine for a turbine air hose though.
[Image: 28451363061_0cf514389d_c.jpg]

And made a quickie cup hanger for when the cart is in use.
[Image: 28245382600_12d16ac844_c.jpg]

Drawer holds all the miscellaneous stuff.  Need to make some dividers or some kind of organized storage other than a cardboard box for the N/N sets though.
[Image: 28245383670_864296d3ac_c.jpg]

Mix and match of a couple different kinds of plywood, some clear pine for the drawer front, poplar face frame, MDF w/ red oak reinforcement for the shelf.  This was also a practice piece for spraying assembled cabinets.  Used Zinsser BIN to make everything look the same and then topcoated with Minwax Polycrylic because it is the cheapest waterborne poly I could get to practice with.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I like that Rob.  I picked up a small metal cart last weekend to rehab and use as a paint wagon.  Hoping to free up some shelf space and get everything in one place.

Lonnie
Your cart is nice; looks like it works well for its intended purpose.  But what really caught my attention was your comment about how you finished it.  BIN pigmented primer followed by WB poly.  I've been wondering if that would make a good combination and your photos looks like it does.  I've sprayed several gals of BIN primer now and it lays down a beautiful surface, especially after the second or third coat.  It just makes sense that a clearcoat over the top would give a nice looking finish.  And you can tint BIN, too, which opens up even more options. 

Thanks very much.

To the OP, I have my 3 cheap guns stored in the metal tool box my biscuit jointer came in.  My Qualspray unit came with its own plastic case.  Those go into an existing base cabinet along with a few accessories, so I did need to take any new real estate to store them, which I can ill afford.  

John
(07-25-2016, 02:37 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Your cart is nice; looks like it works well for its intended purpose.  But what really caught my attention was your comment about how you finished it.  BIN pigmented primer followed by WB poly.  I've been wondering if that would make a good combination and your photos looks like it does.  I've sprayed several gals of BIN primer now and it lays down a beautiful surface, especially after the second or third coat.  It just makes sense that a clearcoat over the top would give a nice looking finish.  And you can tint BIN, too, which opens up even more options. 

Thanks very much.

To the OP, I have my 3 cheap guns stored in the metal tool box my biscuit jointer came in.  My Qualspray unit came with its own plastic case.  Those go into an existing base cabinet along with a few accessories, so I did need to take any new real estate to store them, which I can ill afford.  

John

It's as much of an experiment as anything.  Minwax Polycrilic isn't a fantastically durable finish.  Just cheap and readily available and lets me practice with the gun.  Time will tell.

I think I read about just using the BIN from a comment Charles Neil made either on his web site or in a posting somewhere.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I store my finishing equipment in a cupboard but I do have a little cart on casters that I repurposed to hold my 2 qt. pressure tank. I put a mast made of strut on it and a crosspiece with two off road type LED floodlights so I can position them on the work while I spray. I'm getting old and the extra light helps.
Thanks Bill.

Those are the kind of ideas I am looking at.