Bulls Eye Seal Coat leaked
Shocked 
Got bit by mine . Did not notice it till it had leaked out of the cabinet it was stored in . I  saw this before on here , but did not listen to advice given .
Just a friendly reminder.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

I've had a couple cans do this. One caused quite a mess, the other I discovered early.
 I think someone contacted the company about this - maybe RichardD - but I don't remember how that turned out.
Yes, it was Richard D.  Zinsser told him they were unaware of the problem, IIRC.  I think he even sent them a copy of the thread that was running here at the time to show them it wasn't a one-off.  Apparently, there is nothing they can do or are willing to do to fix the problem because it keeps happening.   

Two leakers for me.  One ruined some work.  Now I set the can in a plastic pail.  

John
Yeah, I've put all mine on plastic bags. Unbelievable they wouldn't know about it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Yeah, I have a gallon can that I thought I would have used up by now, but woodworking has slowed down this past year. No leaks yet, but I check it each day I go in the shop.
Best to set it in a plastic pail.  I had one leak half a gallon over night - ruined several days worth of work. 

John
Is this with quart or gallon cans? or both?

After I moved to my current place, I had all my ww'ing stuff packed up while waiting for my shop to get built. Had a quarter of seal coat leak...all over our dining room floor.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(07-26-2016, 10:31 PM)wood2woodknot Wrote: Is this with quart or gallon cans? or both?

The first can that leaked on me was a gallon can.  I was rummaging through my finishing cabinet this week and found a little dribble on the bottom of a quart can.  So for me, it was with both.  Not a surprise because I wouldn't expect them to use different material for different cans.