Sawstop: I think I messed up
Gents, was a little too fast and over enthusiastic in going from 45 to 90/on my sawstop. Banged into the stop hard. Oops...

Now the angle adjustment is SUPER TIGHT and stiff to move. What might I have done and what might I do about it?
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Apparently the worm gear and the sector gear are meshed without any play. The gears need a few thousands of play between them. One of these gears needs to drop down a bit. Check your manual and parts list,there is an adjustment on either or both.Usually on any gear train even .062 ( 1/16" ) is acceptable clearance.

mike
I'd just call them and ask tomorrow if its not covered enough in the manual for you.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I googled your saws manual and found there are several things to look for. Make sure the locking knob is loose.
There are adjustments on the worm and sector gear.Page 3 of the online manual tells you how to fix this.
Appears to be a simple fix.
Good luck ,mike
Sounds like the worm gear slid a little. Just an adjustment. No different than any other saw.