Transtint - lighten after applying
I put medium brown transtint on a Walnut project and it's a bit darker than I prefer. Does anyone have experience lightening it up some? Wipe down with a liquid of some sort? Light sanding?

Thanks, Justin
I haven't had any problems with transtint, but I have ran into problems with general finishes dye stains applying unevenly and generally looking terrible to the point of wondering whether I'd need to sand it off and start over. I grabbed a can of lacquer thinner and a rag and it lightened it up and evened it out to where it looked about perfect. I am talking about large areas, so with something small it should be easier yet.
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
Water, DNA, and lacquer thinner should all work.  Water's the cheapest but will raise the grain.

John
I read water as well and would refer to minimize grain raise. Good options.
(07-24-2016, 11:39 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Water, DNA, and lacquer thinner should all work.  Water's the cheapest but will raise the grain.

John

Water does the trick.  I've did the exact same thing on a small walnut box last month.  Grain raise isn't a big deal if you pre-raised the grain before applying the dye in the first place.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Thinner worked like a charm. A great way to even it out easily too.

Justin