Wall Finish
I have always used a flat finish on walls. Are there any advantages to using a matte finish?
I've gone to eggshell, which has just enough sheen to look 'finished' to me without being overly reflective.  Also probably offers a bit more 'scrubalibility' as to cleanup than flat.
It might be slightly easier to clean. Seems to me like the flat stuff doesn't wipe off quite as well. I think it looks a little better, though I think the stuff I've been getting is the "eggshell" as well. Not sure what the difference is, the look pretty close to my eyes.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
i went with a gloss.  Reflects light, easier to clean.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
Eggshell; the best of all worlds IMHO. Used a lot of it, looks good, easy to roll and touch up, and I like it - YMMV.

Doug
You can scrub Pratt & Lambert flat . You can not scrub S&W PM 700 . PM 400 is better . PM 200 you can clean , but probably not as well as P&L . You get what you pay for in any paint.
Titanium dioxide. Not clay fillers...
This is what it needs

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(07-24-2016, 05:28 AM)Gibbcutter Wrote: I have always used a flat finish on walls. Are there any advantages to using a matte finish?

How does egg shell compare to satin? My paint sources have flat, satin, semi gloss, and gloss.
(07-27-2016, 09:47 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: How does egg shell compare to satin?  My paint sources have flat, satin, semi gloss, and gloss.

From most to least glossy:

High Gloss, Semi-gloss, Satin, Eggshell, Matte, Flat

From the Behr website.