Stanley #289 Skew rabbet plane
Arguably the best user plane to emerge from Stanley Tool Works, this plane was made only from 1911 until 1948. Skew plane blades take more careful adjustment and sharpening but then reward the user with smooth and silky shavings. This plane is no exception. It is an early version with "Pats 6 7 & 23/10, so it just had a patent birthday yesterday.

Condition of plane body is outstanding with all pieces present, including knickers. Japan finish shows some wear but still has about 80% coverage. It has a replacement fence (from a #78) and rod from Stanley parts. The blade is only fair, having had a hard life. It looks a bit gnarly but has been precision ground and honed for proper service. Function is top notch and there is plenty of meat left for a lifetime of sharpenings. Just check out the shavings. This is the plane you always needed. It will become the workhorse of your shop. Friends will marvel at your spiral shavings and you will be the hit of your neighborhood. Seeing this plane in action has caused young women to swoon--be sure you use it in a responsible manner.

You can possess it today. Not for $289, or $189, but for a mere $109. Shipping FREE to most USA locations.

[Image: DSCN0420.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0421.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0422.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0423.jpg]
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
BUMP.
Still available and waiting to get back to work gnawing wood and making those cool spiral shavings. Good working plane. Good price. FREE shipping.
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Great plane at a great price. If I didnt already own two, I would take it. That skew blade makes this plane far nicer than a 78. Leach also says its one of Stanley's nicest planes.
I would love to have it also, but it is not in my budget right now 
Sigh, it looks to be a great plane and I am sure it will sell quickly.

Thanks for sharing !

Steve
Jim

I have a question since I do not own a shoulder plane.  What is the difference between the #289 and the #78 or #90?

Thanks
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The 289 and 78  could be called rabbit planes, rather than shoulder planes. What makes the 289 better is the skew blade and the knickers...I also think its wider than the 78. With the fence you can rabbit a panel and the 289 shines going cross grain with the skew and the knickers scoring the grain. The 78 was made for a long time  and is much more common than the 289. lot of planes are missing the depth stop and or fence. Lot of 289s are fitted with 78 fences. 

I have never owned a 90 so am not familiar with it. I think its a bullnose plane.
SOLD and soon to be on its way to full workshop employment. Thanks to all who visited.
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com