2 big changes, and an honest question.
  Re: 2 big changes, and an honest question. by Steve N (We used to be able t...)
We used to be able to select Forum areas that we regularly read, such as Hand Tools, Buy & Sell, and Woodworking without having to list all Forum areas. Is that option still available?
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

(07-24-2016, 10:17 PM)Steve N Wrote: Ok you guys with a location, please share how you added it on. I see nothing about location on my "User CP"

TIA

(07-24-2016, 10:25 PM)oscarMadison Wrote: there is a location field, user cp / edit profile / additional info.  That one does not appear to show.  I believe on the same page they are putting their location in the Custom User Title section on the same screen.  Then filling in the field below the ""New Custom User Title: (leave blank to use existing)"

see mine for an example.  I changed the Customer User Title.

I am not finding anything labeled "Custom User Title."

Probably looking right at it and not seeing it. Took me two 
days to figure out/find the USER CP icon/box.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae
Mark, I don't see it either. Maybe it got poofed.
They already changed it...

You can't give yourself a title anymore, same as the old software.
(07-26-2016, 04:17 PM)Fred Kingston Wrote: They already changed it...

You can't give yourself a title anymore, same as the old software.

Well that bites - wonder why they decided on that
(07-26-2016, 07:43 PM)Wipedout Wrote: Well that bites - wonder why they decided on that

Beats me.  I have wondered since I joined how to put text under my avatar.
Didn't figure it out under the old system, and have no clue now either.
As to the location part, I just put it in my sig line, obviously.

A year or so from now we will all look back at this and chuckle.

I hope.

Big Grin
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae
(07-26-2016, 07:43 PM)Wipedout Wrote: Well that bites - wonder why they decided on that

Wellllll.... prolly 'cuz folks asked for it???????  Wink
They asked for titles not to be able to edit?
(07-26-2016, 11:30 PM)Wipedout Wrote: They asked for titles not to be able to edit?

They = mods.

As in, in the old software, only mods could change a member's title.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Yes..
Steve

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

When I use the toilet it smells just like fresh brewed coffee!
fredp 02/13/2020