Thank you, Tool Fairy.
Not too long ago I posted a question about Ryobi and Porter Cable cordless braid nailers. I was sorely tempted to bite the bullet on the Ryobi, but the $$ weren't there, so I would have to wait...wait...wait !!! Well, yesterday the Tool Fairy stopped by. I guess I was a good boy. I found a Sears gift card I had forgotten about. Decided to stop by and pick up a couple socket wrenches I needed. While browsing, I found an electric brad nailer (just one on the shelf) for a fourth the price of the cordless Ryobi. The just found card covered more than half the cost and I had just enough spare change to cover the rest.  The nailer would meet all my needs, just not be as fancy. Did a test run when I got home, and it will be perfect for my needs. It always seems things work out if you just have a little patience.

awesome. can you tell us the model number of the nailer, others may be interested as well. congrats !!
Cool
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Craftsman # 68563  -  Electric - takes 18 ga. brad nails from 5/8" to 1-1/4" 

May not be the most powerful, but sank 1-1/4 into 1-1/2 poplar - just had to set a few heads with my nail set. Ran about 50 nails on a box build with no problems or jams on first project this afternoon.