Marking and Measuring Gloat
My latest rust hunting grab was a cigar box box lot for $20.  From top to bottom/Left to Right.  Thanks all for the hint about posting pics by adding the 's" to the web page link from Imgur.

Union Tool Thread/tooth per inch gauge
Starrett Time Saver Drill & Wire Gauge
PS&W 6" Compass
Moore & Wright Sheffield Eng. 6" Hemaphrodite Caliper
General No 733 Inside/Outside Caliper
Brown & Sharpe English Wire Gauge
Brown & Sharpe No 47 Micrometer
E. A. Stearns No 55 1/2 German  Silver and Ivory 6" Folding Rule
Millers Falls Depth Gauge
Brown & Sharpe spring loaded center punch
Starrett 3" square
Dietzgen Reliance Jr. 50 ft steel tape
Stanley No 65 Marking Gauge (Factory Second)
Some sort of reamer 7/32"

Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
That's just not right.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
I failed to add the Starrett scribe above the micrometer.
Train to be miserable...
I'll be the first, you suck. 

The square is worth the price of the box. Congrats, such things don't happen all that often.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
The "reamer" is for removing the crimp used to crimp primers in military brass shells. I thought Hemaphrodite calipers were odd legged. Great Fine!
I wasn't sure about the square, but that little folding rule is a real jewel and is why I bought the box.  I haven't found a 55 1/2 anywhere on the web but the silver and ivory rules are pricey.  This particular one must have spent a lot of time in someone's pocket since almost all the gradient marks are worn away and you can barely read the maker marks.  I did see that the last time Stanley listed them in their catalog as E.A. Stearns was 1898.  There was another Brown & Sharp micrometer in the box that was in a case, but during the auction one of the workers snatched it out of the box and added it to another during the other box bid process.  Needless to say I was a might peeved. I have two sons who are Aircraft and Powerplant mechanics and thought to give each one a micrometer, now I'll just have to wait and see which one stubs his toe first.

As for the hemaphrodite calipers being odd legged, this one swings all the way around so you can gauge inside or outside.  Maybe I am mis-naming it or abusing it?
Train to be miserable...
Wow, what a gloat! Many Congrats. Just love the little folding rule with Ivory. 

Klaus
Great deal.  I have Walter's book on Stanley tools.  The values are dated, but I can look up info on the rule if you would like.
Thanks for the offer to determine value of the ruler!  I would surely like to know.  The markings are almost all worn away.  You can barely read the model number and maker marks; most of the gradiant markings are gone, but you can read the inch numbers.
The rule is a E.A. Stearns and Company No 55 1/2 silver and ivory folding rule.

Jim
Train to be miserable...
I could not find a 55 1/2 caliper rule in my Walter's, or Warman's.   I am guessing that it has a good bit of value, though.

Currently there is a Stearns & Co., E.A. No. 60 B: Rare 6 Fold Ivory Folding Rule. Length: 24.00 Inches. Auction Item: (Estimate: 800.00-1,600.00)
  • Ivory & Ger. Silver
  • Some Minor Yellow
  • on MJD tools auction website.