Lathe and extras
Question 
I knew a person (died a year ago) that had a basically a new 1242 Jet lathe with tools, chuck, slow jet grinder, and Jet 1 1/2  dust collector. Never really got it set up.
Any thoughts on the current value or possible sale for the family of units?
Any interest out there? :huh:

Located in Jacksonville, Fl.

Forest
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted- then used against you.
About 1/2 to 2/3 of what a new one costs, if it's in fantastic shape.
Depends

Is it a friend of the family and the widow needs money then you give her 2/3'ds if the original cost.  If it is someone you heard about and want to help the widow you go 5/8 and any other is 1/2.  However, for me I hate to take advantage of a widow and would pay the extra.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I don't know the Jet 1242 lathe. The 1642 is an electronically variable speed lathe that comes in 2 different HP versions and it is very well thought of. The 1442 is a Reeve's drive and much less in demand.

So, a positive price bump over what the others have said if you meant 1642 and a negative bump if you meant 1442.

If any of the turning tools are Thompson or D-Way, then they hold their value more.

If the Jet DC is not the vortex version, then the re-sale value gets lowered.

I don't get to go down to visit the kids in Tampa very much lately (and I hear that they are having problems with water backing up into the garage), so I am probably not a prime customer to help out the widow.

If you don't get any good leads here, we can help you get in touch with the Jacksonville woodturning club or you can find them through the AAW website. I would expect that you would get a better sale passing the tools along to a turner than trying to move them on CList.

Also, if you get brand and model numbers for the tailed tools and some pics of the lathe tools, tool rests, any chucks, and the grinder wheels, then we can be more helpful.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Thanks to all for the input.

Not wanting to score any money on this deal.
Helping widow and son is one of my thoughts.

And trying to help get these tools used before any rust problem.
Not being used is sad

Forest
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted- then used against you.
Without having specfic info on lathe, chuck & tools hard to say or assign a value. A better description and or photos would help a lot. You could be talking about a midi with extension or full size lathe.
Bill