FS - Lee Valley Custom #5 Plane
For sale, a Lee Valley #5 Custom Plane with 45 degree frog, medium traditional tote and medium front knob.  Blade Is  PM-V11 with very little use on.  I'm selling this tool for a good friend who is not a member of this board and you will pay him through PayPal.  You can see the nice photos he took below and his asking price is $270, plus shipping.  Please PM me before posting your intention in the S&S.  The earliest PM birdie gets the worm, as the saying goes.

AF1QipNsphh5VhBDdzLb3D4uZlQJAXWDWH3CAerrCyak
AF1QipOFahhTKcL4XCs6MfS9ZLX9AoxzMTOMVp2bhFBT
AF1QipONUWfX2yWxIOgkkeU8yggrZjdcvd48CrDT7Kje
AF1QipPIyzj29pyZc1qTY7oZL6qJi7Ek0mWghDDI79j0
AF1QipPNsDhCudMMk_awnzkEmigf6R6c_9Vv581ioKGo
If you click on any of the links above you will get a large photo with arrows at the edges to scroll through many photos of the plane without having to click more links.  These are Google photos and I'm not sure how to get them to display in the posting.  PM me if you have questions or comments regarding the listing.
[Image: IMZNxW-UOEEQ8pFS33B2A95mw1zpCoxItOGi2jBf...69-h995-no]

[Image: CZ7a99t24ThalUuCuA5zcXHOKQKa3h_y8gvj1_22...60-h995-no]

[Image: eRvJVehUns_PTO8hTDpwJCtheFDWFq8LEbKfrc2k...60-h995-no]

[Image: UiBrzOMaFbzLI7fXjS42MoQbY-6_0Ev8Wv32LHWm...69-h995-no]

[Image: 0M2-8kWPSMg29gh_VrtXyUu__QclsdnRicBzybY8...60-h995-no]

(And so on...  Right click on the photo in your hosting site and select "copy image address".  This can then be placed into the message using the "Insert Image" button in the message composition tool bar.  You can also ask the Insert Image gizmo to resize images.)
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Thanks Rob.
Rolleyes
Quite a few views with no response.....what do I tell my friend whose plane this is?  A premium plane in almost new condition should bring a fair price.  What is that price?  I invite PM's with comments and will pass them on immediately.
Mike,
I think a lot of people are just curious.
Here is a link at Lee Valley with the standard setup, It would be the same price for the custom setup you mentioned.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.as...1182,72530
I think you are offering this at a fair price.
-david j
I agree. It's summer time and sales are slower in general. Also, broadly speaking, the more expensive the item the longer it'll take to sell. I think less than $150 hits the impulse buy mark for most, while anything above that requires some thought.

It just depends if he wants his money fast or wants to wait it out and make more on it.
-Marc

(07-26-2016, 08:22 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: Quite a few views with no response.....what do I tell my friend whose plane this is?  A premium plane in almost new condition should bring a fair price.  What is that price?  I invite PM's with comments and will pass them on immediately.

It is an excellent plane, I have one too. But, with shipping added there is not much of a savings compared to getting new from LV when they have free shipping. If you offered free shipping at this price, I bet it would sell.
(07-31-2016, 02:51 PM)wrb Wrote: It is an excellent plane, I have one too. But, with shipping added there is not much of a savings compared to getting new from LV when they have free shipping. If you offered free shipping at this price, I bet it would sell.

Good thought.  I'll pass that on to my friend.  He's thinking this may not be the best time to be selling a high dollar tool.