Where in the world do you live?
One of the things I miss with the new set-up is knowing where people live. The new CP section asks where we live, but it doesn't show up anywhere. I thought it was very helpful to know who my "neighbors" were, who was near by if I needed help, or wanted to get together, or even have a clue of whether an SnS purchase was out of the question because of distance. It's nice to know we have WNers from across the ocean, and Derek is from down under, Marv is on the left coast and Timberwolf lives in the land of palm trees and sunshine,  etc. I guess it gives me a deeper sense of camaraderie with the people here.

Is there a way to know where people are from; is it something that can be worked on after all the bugs get worked out of the new system; or is it now totally out of the question? Not trying to stir any pots, but I am curious how others feel?

If you click their name, it shows up in the profile, if they add it. Like you, N Cincy, inside the loop.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I followed Fred's example and personalized my title as a workaround.

I also found that my location and bio info did not carry over from the old software to the knew. So, even if the admin give us that info display back, we will all have to enter it again in our CP.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Thanks. Guess I just hit a string of people who had not re-entered their home sites. So used to seeing it up front under posters' names with each entry instead of having to search for it in the background now,

Went back to User CP and checked off a lot of boxes. Things starting to look more like days of old.

Did we still have the link to the Woodnet Member map, or was it a casualty of the upgrade?
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

"I thought it was very helpful to know who my "neighbors" were".

+1

I found it very helpful when reading the post and the responses.  I understand privacy is important, but if the info is in the profile, it would be nice to display location with the post and responses. JMO.

I also did not realize I need to re-enter my location.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Here's the link to the member map.

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1703585&location=usa

Bill
Member map was a good idea, but it is so congested it is impossible to find any one. I am located in the hub of Nova Scotia, Canada, Truro to be exact. Anyone passing by are more than welcome to visit and I can direct you to places to see. A cold one will be on me.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
The full map of the USA is crowded but you can narrow your search to a specific area either by using the + and - signs in the lower right or use the Go to.... function on the top to type in a location (ie. Nova Scotia) and it will take you to that area. This includes other parts of the world as well - such as Japan or Australia.

The Go To.... field is in that hard to read light gray color next to the Print or Share tab.

The + and - signs are especially useful if the flags overlay each other. Just keep zooming in until the flags are separated.

Bill
Thanks Bill, I forgot to add my name when I registered and don't know how to fix it.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member