Stoop material
So we are finally putting in a patio out the back of the house. When we built the house I made a temporary stoop out the french doors made of pine and pressure treated lumber. With the patio going in I want to make a nicer looking stoop. I am also putting in a pergola over the patio to give some shade so I would like the two to match. The stoop will be about 4'x6' with three steps coming down. My first intention was to use Ipe. After some research I decided I don't want the grey look and maintenance, especially the pergola, to keep the nice dark color would be more than I am willing to do. It is a south-eastern exposure so it gets morning and early afternoon sun. As a woodworker I was hoping to do something more interesting than pressure treated with an opaque stain. Any suggestions on other materials to use? 

I was also just thinking I have not heard of anyone putting dark tint base paint on Ipe. Do you think that might work longer than the different oils that need applying every year? How would the paint hold up on the horizontal surfaces that would take foot traffic and possible snow for a couple months? Even the pressure treated with opaque stain will need maintenance every couple years.