Wood for Thought
There were a few surprises on this list.  Without making this a political post, it may be worth reading.

I know a lot of us use several of the species on this list.

Hit list: Materials expert names 10 most endangered wood species
http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/wood/p...od-species
---------------------------
Czarcastic (Steven)

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Don't use any of them, thank you.  Not to mention, I, as many of us, would have to read the label and trust the provider to avoid the unsustainable ones. 

Not mentioned is the percentage of wood actually used, versus that felled/burned to gain the space for populating.  Guessing that's still heavily in favor of the latter.

We're still growing >20% more cordage of hardwood than we harvest here.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Interesting... I have used most of them at some time or another, but shy away from them now. Exploitation and loss of habitat are the prime causes. Not listed was Lignum Vitae which surprises me since it is so slow growing and very hard to find. I guess is isn't financially viable for people to plant mixed use forests/jungles and wait for trees to mature. Sad.

robo hippy
I have used some of them ,but not all. Ebony and Wenge I dislike and will not use.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Interesting list.  I've used ebony, cocobolo, zebrawood, and wenge.  I was surprised to see ipe on the list.  It seems to be everyone's favorite deck wood on all the home improvement shows.  I also found it interesting that the word "exploitation" was used in many of the descriptions.  I do not consider my use of ebony for pens and for turned finials on ornaments exploitation.  I suppose it's only exploitation when the species is consumed commercially.  I know Taylor guitars has started to use sustainable ebony that's not dark or black in its guitars.  There was a post last year about their involvement to ensure all harvested ebony was used.  Apparently, you have to cut into the tree before you learn it's all black or has a mix of light and dark.  Acoustically and performance-wise, there's no difference between pure black or other variations.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I prefer to use African black wood, mostly for pens and finials. I have also used zebrawood and cocobolo, mostly for pens.  

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Whew, didn't see fog wood on that list
Steve K

Well, that makes me the Lone Ranger. I will have to stock up on Cocobolo, Zebrawood, Satinwood, Wenge, and as much Rosewood as I can afford. Before you can't find it anywhere anymore.

That might have to be my retirement account.

Don't get your knickers in a twist. I am only joking.
Angel
I have seven of those ten in my lumber bin, though the zebrawood, wenge and anigre are in veneer form.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
I have used over half of them and I feel turners are the ones that use the scraps that others do not use or parts of the tree that can not be used for lumber.

Also most of the woods I get are scraps from others here who have used most of the wood already and I am very grateful for that.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.