Glue for Ipe
I am making a small box out of leftover IPE wood
I was thinking about using Titebond  II or III as glue

Will that work?

was informed that IPE is difficult to glue
Any suggestions?
Wipe down first with mineral spirits to remove surface oils?

This is the one time I use Gorilla Glue.  It's what Advantage Lumber recommends, and it works. 

Make sure your wood is really dry.  Freshly purchased Ipe' is not even air dry.  

John
I did some web search on this topic
what i found from some users that  
clean with Acetone , once dries, use Titebond III

Some of the commercial deck builders and floor installers suggest using West bend epoxy, or West System SIX10
I prefer not to use Epoxy so I will try the Titebond III route.
Why not just use Gorilla Glue?  It works, even when the wood is wet.  On really dry wood just wipe one surface with water, put glue on the other, and clamp.  No  acetone required and no worry about whether or not TB III will bond.  Keep it simple; use what has a track record of working. 

John
I have used regular Titebond II on some laminated "weapons" I made for my kids' martial arts practice. They have been banging them around for a few years not and I don't see any delamination at all! And I did not wipe down the Ipe at all.
I would use Titebond. With the advice from others about cleaning the wood with acetone, etc. I wouldn't use any brand of polyurethane glue. I tried it once, but the joints failed within a few years.
>
Worse than ignorance is the illusion of knowledge.
>
The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. - Gustave Le Bon

I've used Acetone and TB II successfully.
I don't like Gorilla Glue--it's a mess to deal with.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I am not a big fan of Gorilla Glue either for the same reasons. I use mostly Titebound PVA glues or hide glue depending on the application.

Steve
Thanks everyone for the input

I have done some trial pieces and found following
  • Gorilla Glue joint failed- I think the reason is that Gorilla glue need moisture to activate. IPE is known to repeal water, i believe this is the reason. I had Gorilla glue on one piece , the other piece I moisten with water, i had these clamped  for 2 hours. Next day I tried a stress test and it failed. It showed that glue was not fully activated.
  • Titebond III-  I used paint thinner  to wipe down  two IPE pieces , let it dry for few minutes , then applied Titebond III, clclamped for 2 hours. Next day I tried the stress test , These did not come apart. 
The pieces were glued on sides. They were sanded before the glue process.

I will use Acetone for the actual project.

I will  also do some Mitered  joints using Titebond III and 5 minute Epoxy.

I am not too crazy for Epoxy, hoping the Titebond III will work well on Mitered joints.