Tall ras mod
After repairing the plastic elevation crank on the Dewalt 7790 ras, I recently bought, and mounting the saw on a cabinet I have, so it's table is above, my tall work bench, I realized, I needed to stand on something to be able to adjust the arm elevation.

I bought a couple of sprockets, and a bicycle chain, and came up with this easier to use crank. 
It works great. The chain looks skewed a bit, as I am waiting for a bushing for the crank and sprocket. I used a small pipe nipple and it's about 1/16" too small, and sprocket is skewed a bit.
I may figure out something to keep some of the sawdust off the chain. Maybe just a cloth cover, as it doesn't get adjusted often.
[Image: ras%20crank%20005.jpg]
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
How come I get "Photos not found" both in your avatar and pic. Also says click for photos, doesn't work.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(07-26-2016, 05:25 PM)chips ahoy Wrote: How come I get "Photos not found" both in your avatar and pic. Also says click for photos, doesn't work.

Mel

This seems to be something new today. Yea new software....It is all over the board.
Sigh.....
Ag
Ag
   Noticed it on a lot of posts, also how do you reply to a post with  quote. I see a green + sign, click on quote and get a red - sign ,but no quote.

Mel :huh:
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Not sure why the pic didn't post. 
When I click on "select an image" and select an image, it shows in the post, before posting. When I post, or preview, it says, photo not found.
Anyone know the reason for the new format? Had no problem with the old one.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Photo not coming through (running an IMac). Would like to see as I have a Dewalt RAS also.

Doug
Not ideal, but if you're interested in seeing the pic, try copying and pasting this url

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/...%20005.jpg

Until forum gets its software stuff squared away.
I see the picture now.
I replaced the pipe nipple connecting the crank to sprocket, with a bronze bushing today. Nice. It made everything line up and works smooth.
For Tapper and anyone else interested in doing something like this, here are the parts cost:
2 - 7/16" id 3" dia sprockets  (Surplus Center) $.75 each + $6 shipping  $7.50 total
Bike chain (Ebay)  $6.95
1/4" x 7/16" x 1 1/4" bronze bushing  (Ebay) $5.55
I had the nuts, bolts, and aluminum.
I first made the sprocket  mount out of aluminum and it worked fine.