Re: (...)
Time was that my avatar was hosted at Photobuckets, but stopped working with the new software.

Tried posting it in the URL option, but it wouldn't take because it was an http, and not an https (secure).

So, I found the simplest way was to save a pic in my files, and link to that in the first option, "Upload Avatar".

I'm guessing that if I were to move the pic elsewhere, it might break the link, but I don't know that to be a fact.

In any event, I put it where I'm not likely to move it.

Hope that helps.

Re: Avatars, a discussion by barnowl (Time was that my ava...)
I just finished writing a script that should change any insecure url of an image to a secure url, so this should be solved.  Http avatars and images can now be used.
^^^^^^

Right on top of things!!!

Cool

Good job fellas. Cool
So does this apply only to avatars? We're having trouble getting images hosted at Photobucket to show up in regular threads and replies.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Quote:I'm guessing that if I were to move the pic elsewhere, it might break the link, but I don't know that to be a fact.

No... When you do that, you actually upload the image from your computer to the WN server itself... It's not a link... You actually move the image to WN's computer, and it then gets hosted right on WN's computer.

You can delete the image off your computer and it won't affect the avatar..
(07-26-2016, 05:42 PM)sysadmin Wrote: I just finished writing a script that should change any insecure url of an image to a secure url, so this should be solved.  Http avatars and images can now be used.

you fixed some of my pictures, ya, but looks like your script screwed up photobucket for other people. looks like it needs more tweaking
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Mine doesn't seem to e working yet, do I need to log out and then log back in. I would try barnowl's suggestion if I knew whta "my files" was (I'm a dumbass).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
'My files' are the files (pictures, excell, text) you have saved on your hard drive.

e deploribus unum

Thanks, I was thinking it was a spot in the profile....told you I was a dumbass. Blush
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.