Wiring question (not tool related).
Photo 
Moderator--sorry if this post should be in another forum.  I do most of my lurking here and am most comfortable with the folks who hang out here as well.  (Move if ye must.)

Folks:

I need some advice to get the wiring to the dishwasher I just installed figured out.   My apologies for the horrible drawing (obviously not to scale).  I was the art class joke in high school.  I've also attached pictures that might be useful.  

Left to right in the drawing, are 1) dishwasher, junction box, disposal, and switches that control a light over the sink and the disposal.  Four 12/2 (with ground) enter the box as shown. Left goes to the DW, top goes to the disposal, the two on the right go to the light and disposal switches.  An outlet in the box with the switches is fed from a separate 12/2.  Each of the switches and outlet are wired separately--one 12/2 goes to each--black, white and ground.  Nothing ties together.

In the box all the blacks are together, whites together, grounds together and fastened to the grounding thing.  All connections are tight and not in contact with anything they shouldn't be touching.  (I noticed the ring and piece of bare ground in the box after I posted the picture and tossed them.)

Here's what I think happened.  When replacing the 12/2 from the old dishwasher (thought it would be prudent to do that), I tagged each strand separately, but the writing on 2 or 3 got so smudged that I couldn't read them.  I think that at least 2 if not 3 of the blacks were tied together with one of the whites.  If that's right, I don't want to guess which white goes with the blacks.

When I flip the breaker, it trips, sometimes after the disposal comes on for a second.  The disposal switch works backwards this way--off is up, on is down.

Some assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Tony

[Image: DW%20wiring.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5395.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5398.jpg]
Tony
Do you have a volt ohmmeter? PM a reply to me, if it works, I can walk you through this.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Check the post in HI
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Is anyone seeing pictures? All I see are small square boxes with an "X" in the box. I click on the box and nothing happens.
I see them
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

The black wire to the disposal does not get connected with all the blacks.  The black wire to the disposal connects with the colored (not white) from the disposal switch (blue cable).

It's really hard to see what's going on in the photo.  I'd disconnect the disposal and the blue cable and try again.
This was resolved in Home Improvement