Turning a preist
Saw a blurb in an old issue of trout unlimited talking about a preist. Had to look it up. Apparently fly fisherman use a priest not a club like everyone else.
Turned 1 from cucumber wood. Took about an hour to drill and turn. Plan on filling with lead and gluing plug in by weekend.
Fun little project. The wood was pretty sweet to work with. Had zero clue before the upgrade so don't think they'll be any pics.
Thou Shall Not Kill Trout
Thou Shall Not Hurt Trout
Thou Shall Not Eat Trout
Thou Shall Treat Every Trout Like a God Not your Wife

Angry 
Called a Priest because it administers last rites.... You do want it to float! Thou shalt treat trout with butter and lemon....

robo hippy
(07-26-2016, 11:02 PM)CanoeBoy Wrote: Thou Shall Not Kill Trout
Thou Shall Not Hurt Trout
Thou Shall Not Eat Trout
Thou Shall Treat Every Trout Like a God Not your Wife

Angry 

Janus??  Is that you??
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I make mine from African blackwood. 20% denser than water but the user can put a small float on the handle thong .
Cellulose runs through my veins!
(07-27-2016, 12:04 AM)robo hippy Wrote: Thou shalt treat trout with butter and lemon....

robo hippy

Agreed, just as long as you don't cook the trout like an offering to a god.
Laugh
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!