The Great Bandsaw Adventure - Phase 1
John, congratulations on the new bandsaw. It sure is a beauty. You and Ken showed a lot of ingenuity in getting that monster into your garage. I can't wait for part two. Oh by the way, you are one tough competitor in the search for tool bargains. I was 5 minutes late in trying to buy that Stockroom Supply molding sander in the Swap and Sell a few weeks back. I hope you are enjoying it.
Smile
Thanks Jim.  I'm the one who normally gets beat to those posts; it felt good to actually be first in line for once.  The molding sander works pretty well.  I'll have to show some photos next time I use it.  I ended up driving it off my RAS, which has a 1.5 HP motor, and that's none too large.  The instructions say you can use something as small as 0.5 HP but I think that would be completely inadequate.  Anyway, I used it to sand all the molding I just made for a job, from 1/2" cove to 6" wide baseboard molding and it did a pretty good job.  I think it has 180 grit paper on it now which is too fine IMO, at least on really hard wood like the maple I had.  I'll probably put some 120 grit paper on it before I use it again.  

The Great Bandsaw Adventure - Part Deux is about to be written, so stayed tuned.

John