CFI help - please
Thanks Bob - until I open it up and see what kind of mess is in there I'll not know if it's within my skill set. I'm toying with just not making it a GFI. Found out that it covers the laundry room on the other side of the wall. There are 3 receptacles there. We'll see.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(07-27-2016, 05:37 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: The codes call for a NON GFCI for fridges/freezers.

Just so you know, that exception was removed in the (I think) 2008 cycle.  Fridges and freezers and overhead door operators in garages are required to be on GFCI protected circuits, and possibly AFCI by now, regardless of dedicated circuits and/or simplex receptacles and/or inaccessible spaces (behind a fridge, or on the ceiling, for instance).  What folks do in their own houses I couldn't say, but that's the current state of affairs as far as the NEC goes.  Just so you know.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Already decided to not risk it - will go with a GFI (GFCI). As for the garage door circuit, I'll wait for the motor to die and then let the installer worry about it. Thanks for the update.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard