Home made Vacuum chuck system
My window AC unit quit providing cool air and no local AC contractor wants to mess with it.  It runs, it just doesn't cool.  Thus I'm considering building a vacuum chuck system, using the compressor from the AC unit. 

Can anyone refer me to instructions on how to do it? 

I didn't find anything useful on YouTube.

BTW, I'm really Chuck1234, but I messed up typing when I re-registered.  The system had my old email and I couldn't figure out how to correct it.
Don't know about the AC thing but PM a mod about the name problem and they can fix it.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
The web site below is a write up by Carl Ford. I built his system; it's very straight forward, with readily available parts.

http://www.carlford.info/pages/demos_cla...s_Demo.pdf
(07-28-2016, 06:44 PM)EdW Wrote: The web site below is a write up by Carl Ford. I built his system; it's very straight forward, with readily available parts.

http://www.carlford.info/pages/demos_cla...s_Demo.pdf

Thanks, EdW.  I couldn't get the link to work, but I found his website and downloaded the .pdf file.  It looks very comprehensive.

However, I have a non-cooling window air conditioner that no local AC contractor wants to repair.  I want to use the compressor from it as a vacuum pump and am looking for a description on how to do it. 

Anyone else have a lead?
(07-29-2016, 07:20 PM)ChcukO1234 Wrote: Thanks, EdW.  I couldn't get the link to work, but I found his website and downloaded the .pdf file.  It looks very comprehensive.

However, I have a non-cooling window air conditioner that no local AC contractor wants to repair.  I want to use the compressor from it as a vacuum pump and am looking for a description on how to do it. 

Anyone else have a lead?

I do not know if AC compressors will run at atmospheric pressure or not. It sounds like it is worth researching, though.

I would suggest doing a google search for the make and model of the compressor. You are trying to find the spec for the low-pressure and high-pressure sides of the pump.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.