You must be very strong...
http://www.thesawlady.com/saw-lady-galle...-gifts.htm
The "Tall Crane Saw" had 2 medallions, it was probably a good saw.

Sad, very sad.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(07-28-2016, 04:17 PM)Martin S. Wrote: The "Tall Crane Saw" had 2 medallions, it was probably a good saw.

Sad, very sad.

Don't worry. I think it's a modern D-12 with a medallion stuck in it instead of a saw screw. The bottom one doesn't match. These almost all junk saws. I wonder if she wants more donors- I could sell her a few hundred
Wink

For saw art I think these aren't terrible. I just don't see how she makes money selling them at that price considering the labor that must go into it. Then again she's got to sell them to make money and there are a lot of them sitting there.
www.hyperkitten.com Funny Name, Good Stuff.

Old Tools, Woodworking, Blog, Tools for Sale.

I actually think a lot of those are very cool.  Now, some pretty decent saws were sacrificed in the process.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Wink 
I see the 2 lawyers saw. oops, 2 layers I guess.
Rolleyes Actually I think those are pretty cool and a nice expression of art, if they aren't ruining something usable. I have a few painted saws on the wall and I appreciate them just about as much as those in my shop. Somedays moreso.

And it seems she's pretty acomplished at woodcarving as well. http://www.cindychinn.com/wood-carving/c...ch-pew.htm

And this girl can chew too... http://www.cindychinn.com/fine-craft/pha...guitar.htm
For the life of me, I just don't get it, same with painted saws.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Admiral sqid, "No Evaporust was used on these tools."

True, but they're still dead.
(07-29-2016, 06:02 AM)Admiral Wrote: For the life of me, I just don't get it, same with painted saws.

She could probably sell some of those saws here for the same money, without the goofy pop-art. :huh:
It does seem that most of the saws are either undesireable or pretty ragged out.  Typical of the majority you find in the wild.  Not that they could not still be fine saws for cutting.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
That's to bad about the "crane" saw. It looks to be a 1920's era mahogany handle No.12. With all the cutting it's hard to tell how wide the blade was. Some saws deserve this fate but I hate to see a premium saw get destroyed if it's in decent shape.
Take care,
Daryl