The Great Bandsaw Adventure - The Final Chapter
There was two of you.  You couldn't just carry it? 
Confused 
Smirk

I like to see people figure out smart ways to move stuff.  I'm lucky I didn't break my fool neck last time I moved. 
Blush
I liked seeing how you came up with solutions to get that monster down into the basement.  You were FAR safer than I was several years ago when I had to move a 400 lb. workbench (disassembled) from my garage to my basement.  My approach was similar to yours, without the chains, without an assistant, but with the runners.  Getting the workbench slab from the floor onto the base was a real challenge.  I won't go into details, but let's just say there was a bottle jack, cement blocks, and 2x6's involved in the process.  I'm lucky to still be alive.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Congrats on getting your new saw where it needed to be.

Now all you need to do is increase the lighting in your workshop, so you can easily see what you're tripping over.
I'd put a dedicated 4' 2 tube fixture right next to the saw so you have a well lit work area.

Just a suggestion is all.
Agreed. There is a brand new 4' LCD fixture just in front and to the right of the saw. I turned it off for the picture.

John
nice looking saw! Love that fence, wish mine came with that.