Bosch Miter Saws
(08-07-2016, 01:30 PM)jteneyck Wrote:   I put a Diablo 96 tooth blade on it while the blade was out for sharpening.  Pathetic.  The saw barely had enough power to cut through 4/4 hard maple, and it burned on bevel cuts.  Very disappointing.  

John

This is something I've been trying to get my coworker to understand. You need to consider the wood and the type of cut when deciding on a blade for a saw. He was under the impression that the higher the tooth count, the smoother the cut. This is not always true. We cut a lot of maple crown molding. I told him that we needed a blade with around a 60 tooth count, maybe a little less. This is because of the idea that when you cut miters, you actually are cutting through a larger amount of wood than a straight, 90 degree cut. I have a couple of 96 tooth blades and have never used them, I can't think of a reason to use one actually. I think the issue that you had with your 96 tooth blade is more to do with to do with the high tooth count and trying to do a bevel cut than a poor blade or under powered saw. This is just my opinion, thank you.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Have the Bosch 12" glider, very smooth action and accurate.  The 60 tooth blades works much better than the 96 tooth for me as well.
 Few years ago I had a Bosch 12" Dual Bevel Compound Sliding Miter saw.  Never happy with it, making accurate and repetitive cuts was almost impossible.  Had to shim the fence and have the tempered alumumn extensions "ground down" to get it square with the world from the get go.