Sub-Zero 650 Condensate Drain Clogged
Looks like the refrig. condensate drain is clogged in our Sub-Zero 650. Anyone have any luck 
touble-shooting this type of issue? I am thinking compressed air and/or hot water in case there is a frozen line????
Water level is rising on my kitchen floor: not good.
my guess is that it is filled with fluff.  I have a trombone cleaning brush that I got for the self defrost line from the freezer that would probably do a good job of clearing it.  You can get them at music stores that sell that kind of instrument.
(07-30-2016, 04:58 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Looks like the refrig. condensate drain is clogged in our Sub-Zero 650. Anyone have any luck 
touble-shooting this type of issue? I am thinking compressed air and/or hot water in case there is a frozen line????

I've had that happen at least twice with my 20 year old Sub Zero, though I don't know if it's the same model as yours.  I suspect they all have a similar system though.  The hose on mine is behind the lower shelf/drawers.  You can get to it if you pull out the lower drawers and shelf.  First I cleaned the metal channel that feeds the hose, and then I pushed a thin plastic tube through the hose with a piece of rag on the end.  After I had the major gunk removed, I took a fresh rag with soap and bleach on it and ran it through again to really clean it, and then ran another rag through it with clean water.  While I was at it, I removed the drain pan from underneath and cleaned the gunk out of that, too. 

John
OK, trombone cleaning brush (did not know there was such a thing) and plastic tubing (I may have some of that lying around somewhere): thanks  I will try that tomorrow.
(07-30-2016, 04:58 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Looks like the refrig. condensate drain is clogged in our Sub-Zero 650. Anyone have any luck 
If it continues to be a problem after cleaning you can add a drain heater. Using copper wire would around the heating element and then bend the wire so it sits in the center of the drain hole. Just make sure it doesn't touch the plastic. Many of the Samsung fridges have this issue and this is the only fix. A real drain heater is better but not as cheap or reliable.
Mine was clogged with gunk, not ice.  Maybe there are two different lines?  The one in mine is inside the fridge, behind the lower drawers.  No ice forms down there.  

John