Making a trip again
It will be quite awhile before I make a long trip again.  It was not the sitting in the vehicle nor that we taken 2 days to drive 500 miles but the bad beds and lack of air conditioning not being turned on in the hotels before we got stayed there.

I am used to my sleep by number bed with their type of hospital bed.  I like a harder bed and have to sleep with my legs elevated and not the way pillows can do it.  Then I guess to save money they turn off the room air conditioner and by the time we got in the rooms at 6pm the rooms are in the upper 80's and it takes hours to bring it down to where I can sleep with out sweeting and I can not sleep like that.

Other then that I enjoyed seeing my family and TablesawTom and wished I could have seen others but no one responded to both of my posts to meet.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Anymore I find travel very exhausting. I'm always glad to be home.
(07-30-2016, 05:37 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: It will be quite awhile before I make a long trip again.  It was not the sitting in the vehicle nor that we taken 2 days to drive 500 miles but the bad beds and lack of air conditioning not being turned on in the hotels before we got stayed there.

Yup. Check in, turn on the air, then have dinner in the conditioned restaurant is my order.

"There's no place like home."
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
.... or why we take our bed (a sleep-number) with us

along with the A/C, the bedding, the pets, the kitchen, the....

We drove nearly 6000 miles so far this year, but our heavy travel is over for the year.
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
(07-31-2016, 10:03 PM)n7bsn Wrote: .... or why we take our bed (a sleep-number) with us

along with the A/C, the bedding, the pets, the kitchen, the....

We drove nearly 6000 miles so far this year, but our heavy travel is over for the year.

Sounds great if a person had a travel trailer or motor home.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(08-01-2016, 02:38 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Sounds great if a person had a travel trailer or motor home.
Yes

Well... it's a 32 ft 5th wheel, this year we've only spent about 7 weeks in it (so far)
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
(08-01-2016, 11:40 AM)n7bsn Wrote: Well... it's a 32 ft 5th wheel, this year we've only spent about 7 weeks in it (so far)

I would love to own a smaller motor home and take a midi lathe with me wherever I went and show anyone how to turn.  I made a post in the basement wishing I would have had one when I went north a week ago to really help some kids who are told they are stupid, dumb and will never amount to anything and I just want them to feel they can do something nice.