Entry Door finish?
I have an unfinished Mahogany Entry door.  No overhang, but a storm door.  The door is 80% glass with just 6" stiles/rails and a 12" bottom rail.  What finish will give me the most protection, does not look like a bowling alley finish and also does not peel after a year?
Paint. Deep base tint, untinted, will dry clear.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(07-31-2016, 01:32 PM)cputnam Wrote: Paint.  Deep base tint, untinted, will dry clear.

Not going to paint a Magh. door.  Want to see the beauty of the wood.  Thanks anyway
(07-31-2016, 05:27 PM)AlanS Wrote: Not going to paint a Magh. door.  Want to see the beauty of the wood.  Thanks anyway

Untinted clear base is exactly that, untinted and clear. See if you can beg a pint and test it.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Yep, you've misinterpreted the suggestion, get the exterior deep base without it being tinted and it's a clear finish with all the protection additives you need. More info here though the article is getting a little dated.
[/url]
[url=http://www.askhlm.com/Articles/ArticleViewPage/tabid/75/ArticleId/26/Paint-On-A-Clear-Finish.aspx]
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
oil based spar urethane
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Waterlox marine satin sheen.