Rockwell 46-111 basic wood lathe, in SE VA
This is a very basic starter lathe in very good condition. Its a Rockwell 46-111 and the serial number dates it as 1973.   It comes with a homade stand that was made by the PO from bed rails. It was fairly well made, but I would still suggest that whoever buys it build something a bit sturdier/solid, since I think it will start to walk if you try and square up a larger out of round blank.  Right now I have the lathe just sitting on the top of the stand for the photographs.  The PO also replaced bearings in the headstock and they turn nice and free.  It comes with a 1/3 hp Rockwell motor with the appropriate stepped pulley and switch.  I will also throw in the starter set of chisels that came with it. 

Looking for 150 but open to reasonable offers.  Located in Portsmouth VA, next to Norfolk in the se corner of VA.  Shoot me a PM if you're interested. 

[Image: DSCF3109.JPG]

[Image: DSCF3110.JPG]

[Image: DSCF3111.JPG]

[Image: DSCF3112.JPG]

[Image: DSCF3113.JPG]

[Image: DSCF3114.JPG]
I started out with this lathe - it is for spindle turning (lower speeds are too high for hollow form turning).  I modified mine with an intermediate jack shaft to get 8 speeds (about 300 - 3000 RPM) and replaced the 3450 RPM motor with a 1725 RPM 3/4 HP motor.  The 1/3 HP motor is a bit small for anything but spindle work.

The price is about right.

I turned a lot of bowls before I upgraded to a Jet 1642.
"Don't force it - get a bigger hammer!"
With the photos and pulley at right angles to each other, how is the drive belt attached?
there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.
(08-01-2016, 06:56 AM)toolie Wrote: With the photos and pulley at right angles to each other, how is the drive belt attached?

The motor is just sitting up on top of the stand.  It can attach via a hinge mount and pivot  and provide tension on the belt.  I disassembled it to get it in the truck and I'll leave it up to the new owner to mount it back to the stand or make a new stand for it.
I have and use this lathe on the original stand. JSYK, I wouldn't call myself a turner. The plastic bakelite handwheel on my original cracked. I replaced my handwheel with one from Grizzly.

It is fairly easy to replace the dead center on the tailstock (which seems to be missing) with a live center from Penn State Ind.

In the third picture, it looks like part of the bed (front side) is missing, left of the tailstock?

Does it come with the other 2 tool rests & wrench for the banjo?

Also, you need a picture of the backside of the headstock to see the indexing pin.

The motor on mine mounts below (pulley to the left facing from the front) with the pulleys inline with one another.
WoodTinker
(08-01-2016, 12:31 PM)WoodTinker Wrote: I have and use this lathe on the original stand. JSYK, I wouldn't call myself a turner. The plastic bakelite handwheel on my original cracked. I replaced my handwheel with one from Grizzly.

It is fairly easy to replace the dead center on the tailstock (which seems to be missing) with a live center from Penn State Ind.

In the third picture, it looks like part of the bed (front side) is missing, left of the tailstock?

Does it come with the other 2 tool rests & wrench for the banjo?

Also, you need a picture of the backside of the headstock to see the indexing pin.

The motor on mine mounts below (pulley to the left facing from the front) with the pulleys inline with one another.

It has a dead center and a live center.  One toolrest and no wrench for the banjo, but that's a common size.  Index pin for the headstock is there, its stiff, and I'm not sure I would try and use it much, its not nearly as useful as what is on my Delta VS lathe.  Not sure where you think part of the bed is missing, but its all there.
Sorry I can see it now.  The tool rest is blocking the view of the bed. Great! Nothing broken.

I've never needed to change out my tool rest, but I have never wanted to turn pens. I use the same tool rest on mine.

The base is made out of metal is a plus.  Remove the castors, add some shelves at the bottom and a couple sandbags and you should be good to go.

My indexing pin is stiff too. I have never used it.

Most Pittsburgh tools are cheap at Harbor Freight.

If you are wanting to give turning a try at an entry level price, then this is a lathe for you.

Sounds like there is room for some haggling?
WoodTinker
As I said, reasonable offers will be considered.
If I was closer I would buy it.  I just gave my last one away to someone and it seems I can not keep up with demand so maybe I need to charge for them.  lol

I would even be tempted to keep that one.
Big Grin
Lathe is sold.
Yes