Emperor in Amboyna Burl
  Re: (...)
Made this for my dad's 70 bday next saturday. Finished in gloss lacquer.

[Image: 600x600.jpg][Image: 600x600.jpg]
Cellulose runs through my veins!
  Re: Emperor in Amboyna Burl by SteveS (Made this for my dad...)
Very nice! He'll be pleased.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Nice job!

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
(07-31-2016, 07:09 PM)SteveS Wrote: Made this for my dad's 70 bday next saturday. Finished in gloss lacquer.

[Image: 600x600.jpg][Image: 600x600.jpg]
I love Amboyna burl, beautiful pen. Your dad is going to love it.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Nice looking pen
Steve K

Nice looking pen - great work, I'm sure it will be appreciated.
Regards, Tod
(07-31-2016, 07:09 PM)SteveS Wrote: Made this for my dad's 70 bday next saturday. Finished in gloss lacquer.

Steve

Nice kit and wood to go with it.  I know you are selling the kits also to help you since you are not working yet.  (Just a push to help you)

If I would have had the $30 I could have bought a nice 16x24x2 piece of Amboyna Burl that was fantasic looking and I am thinking it would be worth upwards of $350
It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Hi, I'm Arlin's proud wife! His brain trma & meds-give memory probs and has pain from injuries, but all is well materially & financially.  
  Re: RE: Emperor in Amboyna Burl by Arlin Eastman ([quote='SteveS' pid=...)
Thanks, Arlin. I actually haven't been canned yet, but have been given a final date; Oct 6. Two weeks later the company is having a voluntary layoff, and after that I have heard there will be involuntary lay off. Probably right before Christmas so the company doesn't have to pay out the 7-8 paid holidays. That is what I would do if I were a soulless corporate entity.

But, I digress......

I sold all the gold emperors I planned on. I kept four for myself since I have some fantastic cocobolo burl and Honduran rosewood burl and a couple other marvelous timbers in addition to this amboyna burl. I also am going to keep some of the Black Ti kits for myself as well, but have a few left for sale.

I still have a 57 lb slab of excellent AB and another very niece smaller slab that is about 10 pounds or so, so I am not going to run out any time soon.
Cellulose runs through my veins!