I seen this on Youtube for turning but
when watching it I was just amazed at all of his equipment and thinking he has a lot of $$$$$$$$$$ and his shop is so big too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvHfXxi8jws

I would love to win the lottery just to have a shop like that, but then I do not know how to use all of it either. [Image: dodgy.png]

Nice turning too but I would like it thicker so I could shape it better
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(08-01-2016, 03:11 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: when watching it I was just amazed at all of his equipment and thinking he has a lot of $$$$$$$$$$ and his shop is so big too.

I would love to win the lottery just to have a shop like that, but then I do not know how to use all of it either. [Image: dodgy.png]

Watched enough to see that the table for his RAS (door?) wasn't shimmed, then wondered why he would flatten one face on a board and apparently use the other to reference and square the edge.  Think the old jointer may have been a two-cutter finger eater, based on the table gap.  Too much for me.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(08-01-2016, 03:11 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: when watching it I was just amazed at all of his equipment and thinking he has a lot of $$$$$$$$$$ and his shop is so big too.

LOL, I knew before I ever clicked on the link it had to be Frank's shop. He definitely has a nice set up but if watch more of his videos you'll  see he also has LOTS of sweat equity in his tools and restored most of them himself. He is also a master video creator and his videos are very popular. He will usually get about 100,000 views in the first 24 hours when he releases a new one.
Steve K

Nice shop, ya, a wobbling saw is not good.
 The bottom of the bowl in the video should have been floating freely in a dado . to big for that type of bottom.  just my opinion though
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Frank is a very cool guy. I had the privilege of meeting him. This piece was an experiment, and I think mostly a good one! 

He's a Old Arn enthusiast so most of his tool purchases are older machines that he fixes up. His shop space is enviable for sure (it's an old pool). But I doubt there are many folks on YouTube with more of a grasp on woodworking processes than Frank. 

I think he did a shop tour a couple years back. It's a great video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmDAInbnPYQ
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
Do you know what tool system he was using? I don't think I have seen it before.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Not a clue buddy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I should try that with my CNC, looks like a fun idea.
VH07V  
I agree.  His other videos shows how he makes dovetail bowls and other things like that.  I would just like to not only have a CNC but have lessons on how to operate them.

Arlin, the learning curve can be steep. It's a whole new way of thinking.
I did a dovetail bowl about ten years ago (Google bowl from a board) with walnut and oak. It turned out ok and I haven't done one since. I want to but I don't have time!
VH07V