What disston saw is this
What saw is this it is Disston medallion reads h disston & sons 20 inches long.
I removed a lot of the crud but etch is too faint to read

[Image: IMG_8822_zpsnumb7usq.jpg]
It looks like a D8 from here.  E.
+1, although pic is pretty small

Nice plate depth
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
It's rather a #8 than a D8 to me. A close-up of the handle and/or the medallion would be helpful.

Klaus
I stand corrected, definitely no #8. D8 is probably right.

Klaus
Warranted Superior or Disston?  The three hole pattern isn't common to a D-8.  Is this a panel saw?  Paul Sellars has a pic of the same saw on his blog, but a closeup of the medallion shows a Warranted Superior medallion.  I could be wrong.  As far as I can tell from the Disstonion Institute web site, all the saws with 3 hole patters has the medallion in the center.  This one has it on the bottom.  Could have been made by Disston, but marketed as something else.  The saw experts will chime in.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
D8s under 24" had three nuts.  Handle does not look to me to  be an 8.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I have a couple of D 8 panel saws that are 20" in length - both have four screws - your has only three screws. I have a 20" #12 panel saw that has three screws like yours, but the blade is shaped differently. A closer look at the tote, with a close-up of the medallion, would be helpful.

r2
(08-02-2016, 12:10 PM)eg54string Wrote: It looks like a D8 from here.  E.

I agree I have one just like it or at least it looks like it, believe or not I picked mine up from an Antique Store here in town for $8.

Steve
What is plate depth?
It is a H. Disston & Son medallion.
I was wondering if the etch will come if I keep working it. 
I am not very patient. How can you tell if the etch will appear?