until the owners of this forum
verify that they sent all VIP members (which is all of us)an email stating that we have access to 14500 woodworking plans, I strongly encourage you to ignore the email delete it as spam and not open it.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(08-02-2016, 03:38 PM)JGrout Wrote: verify that they sent all VIP members (which is all of us)an email stating that we have access to 14500 woodworking plans, I strongly encourage you to ignore the email delete it as spam and not open it.

I did,

Steve
Yeah the e-mail was dated today in my "junk mail folder" As soon as they made the e-mail fiasco a week or so ago I removed my permission for them to e-mail me anything, and changed my e-mail addy for here to a real burner address. This obvious spam, possible threat was not sent from here, but I'm sure it was a direct consequence of their fiasco. Hopefully no one gets hurt because these guys know about woodworking, but haven't got a clue about the innerweb
No
No
No
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I don't think they're web clueless; they just made a mistake--even the best do it once in a while.
Spammers gonna get thru every once in a while regardless.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Very difficult to anticipate and block spammers, who spend all their time figuring out how to bypass protections. It's an endless game; frankly, my email address is, and has been for years, not my primary address and its the one I use for all internet based communications.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
what happened a week ago?
I have not noticed any issues with spam.
yep classed as junk
south vietnam war collage
(08-04-2016, 01:47 PM)mound Wrote: what happened a week ago?
I have not noticed any issues with spam.

Thread about it
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(08-04-2016, 12:39 PM)Admiral Wrote: Very difficult to anticipate and block spammers, who spend all their time figuring out how to bypass protections.  It's an endless game; frankly, my email address is, and has been for years, not my primary address and its the one I use for all internet based communications.

Maybe so, but in the 10 years I was a WoodNet member before the software change, I never, ever got a spam email that was tied to WoodNet.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Using an email address to log on is not secure.
It was much more secure with a name and password.

Until that has changed, I suggest changing or your personal info that can be seen by hacking. Especially birth dates and specific locations.

I'm not comfortable with this at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably won't continue for some time.