Bogus eMail?
  Re: (...)
I just received an eMail for "Woodnet VIP Members Only" with links to plans.....I deleted the eMail. Was this bogus or real? The links shown looked funky...
I cut it three times & it's still too short!
  Re: Bogus eMail? by dawoodguy (I just received an e...)
The one that I got today definitely looked bogus.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
  Re: RE: Bogus eMail? by iclark (The one that I got t...)
Got one too.
100% bogus.
It seems to be a 2nd iteration of similar emails we had in the past.

e deploribus unum

That was not sent from us. Good catch.
  Re: RE: Bogus eMail? by sysadmin (That was not sent fr...)
(08-02-2016, 09:10 PM)sysadmin Wrote: That was not sent from us.  Good catch.

But somehow, it co-opted a WoodNet domain email address to send it to WN members.  That tells me you have a security issue with your site and will the private email addresses of everyone in the Forum.  Not good.  My user profile only allows emails from the admins.  Somehow, somebody's hacked into your site and managed to compromise the private email addresses of many, if not all members of the forum.  It may have happened when we all got the email that announced the new site was up and running.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
  Re: RE: Bogus eMail? by AHill ([quote='sysadmin' pi...)
(08-02-2016, 10:39 PM)AHill Wrote: But somehow, it co-opted a WoodNet domain email address to send it to WN members.  That tells me you have a security issue with your site and will the private email addresses of everyone in the Forum.  Not good.  My user profile only allows emails from the admins.  Somehow, somebody's hacked into your site and managed to compromise the private email addresses of many, if not all members of the forum.  It may have happened when we all got the email that announced the new site was up and running.

Same message came to a bunch of wood netters a couple months ago.  So while they got the info somehow it wasn't the email announcing the new site. (at least not it alone)
  Re: RE: Bogus eMail? by AHill ([quote='sysadmin' pi...)
This email was not sent from this site.  When a spammer programmatically sends an email, they can specify any domain that they want to in the "From" field, regardless of whether or not the email was actually sent from that domain.  If you want to find where an email actually originated, you have to read the full list of headers that were sent with it.  See http://superuser.com/questions/624509/ho...-came-from.
(08-02-2016, 08:17 PM)dawoodguy Wrote: I just received an eMail for "Woodnet VIP Members Only" with links to plans.....I deleted the eMail. Was this bogus or real? The links shown looked funky...

I got one of those in my spam box
Steve

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

When I use the toilet it smells just like fresh brewed coffee!
fredp 02/13/2020