Need HVAC advice
(08-17-2016, 05:47 PM)daveferg Wrote: Honestly, for a major investment like this, I'd stick with the long established brand names.  There's nothing worse than an AC unit that breaks down in the middle of a heat wave, and then just try and find someone to service it when they're all busy.

We just hand a new Lennex installed for $7,000 including a thermostat, condensate pump and permits.  We had two other bids for name brand units around the same price.

Did you "replace" a unit? If so, is that typical to need permits to replace existing equipment in your neck of the woods?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Yes it was a replacement and I agree with you, but we live under the anal control of an HOA. Never mind that the new unit was quieter and more efficient than the old one. I'm a firm believer in permits when safety is a factor, but sometimes they go overboard.
Dave
No matter how well you install a poorly made system- it will still be a poor system.

I don't like goodman and that's all I'll say about that. You get lucky or you don't.

Trane, American Standard, Carrier, Bryant, Lennox, take your pick- they all have their problems.