Sanding disc holders.
Photo 
I saw this on youtube to make sanding disc holders. Yes Vinces and others are very good, but these were cheap and vortex resistant.[Image: biggrin.png]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G44HICpHgqg
He uses harbor freight hex bits and also hex bit holder as shown.  I have found that so far it is easier to change holders instead of just the paper.  I cut the blocks with hole saw, used kneeling pad and Velcro from HD,
Got a link to mine.
[Image: IMG_0910_zpsms7ccjv2.jpg]
There are a couple videos that show how to do that. I have made several and they are a good alternative. Don't really use mine anymore as I've switched to an random orbit sander and like that much better than a drill.
Steve K

Steve - what size ROS do you use?

Thanks,

Mike
Mike, it's a 3" dynabrade air powered sander. Great little sanders.
Steve K

(08-05-2016, 09:18 AM)Steve K Wrote: Mike, it's a 3" dynabrade air powered sander. Great little sanders.

Thanks - I just got a mail from woodturners wonders and they just announced a 3" VS air powered ROS for $90.
(08-05-2016, 01:10 PM)mbg Wrote: Thanks - I just got a mail from woodturners wonders and they just announced a 3" VS air powered ROS for $90.

Before you pull the trigger on an air powered sander make sure you have a compressor that can handle it, they require a lot of air at a high PSI. I have a 5hp 80 gallon industrial air(brand) and it's only just enough to run mine
Steve K

(08-05-2016, 07:40 PM)Steve K Wrote: Before you pull the trigger on an air powered sander make sure you have a compressor that can handle it, they require a lot of air at a high PSI. I have a 5hp 80 gallon industrial air(brand) and it's only just enough to run mine

Thanks for the warning it says "Requires about 90 PSI and 3-4 CFM." I have a 60 gal 2-stage IR that meets the requirements but now I'm wondering about the noise vs my HF right angle drill.

Do the ROS's give a better finish than a rotary drill?

Mike
How do you like the Velcro from HD? The stuff I tried didn't hold as good as the pads from Vince. 

I had a link to what was supposed to be a better Velcro but I never ordered any and have since lost the link.

Twinn
Will post for food.
So far I have had no problems using the HD velcro. I am thinking that since I do not change the sanding disc as often that the velcro holds better.??? and dosen't ware out.  I really like the fact that with the hex bits and quick release on the drill it make it really slick to  change sand paper grades.  You could always put vinces velcro on the kneeling pad. If you don't like HF I saw the same set in Lowes but weren't colored.
Thanks Bob. I either got some bad Velcro or it was user error. I do like not changing the paper for each grit.

Twinn
Will post for food.