HVAC_ air handler/fan
I have a Rheem hvac.
The fan will come on for a few seconds and shut off...then come back on for a few seconds then shut off,,,on and on.

I hear a humming from the transformer that I do not remember hearing before. (may have been there) I do not find any loose connections. NOthing corroded.
Nothing feels hot.
Fan spins freely by hand so I do not think bearing.
Outside compressor fan runs normally...(doesnt shut off everytime)

Doesn't matter if fan is on  or on auto.

Is this a transformer issue? or start capacitor?
something else?

Don't know much about hvac but am learning since its saturday night and dont really need to pay for a middle of the night or sunday service call.

Working on getting a pic posted of the board but it may take a while.

Model RHLL-HM3617JA ..installed in december 2010

also, is this a fire hazard or damaging anything?

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y539...wte7lw.jpg
Shut the system off. Now.

There are several possibilities. It could be the board, it could be a cap or the motor itself. Do you have a multimeter? One with a cap check function?
basic multimeter.

I cannot find anything that looks like a start capacitor.

I am just assuming it should have one.
Post the model number, I should be able to find a wiring diagram from that.
Model; RHLL-HM3617JA
Serial: W311009224

manufactured 7/10
Sorry, didn't see it first time through.  That unit has an ECM motor, it won't have a capacitor external.  These can be a problem to diagnose.  http://www.hvactechgroup.com/files/ECM%20SERVICE.pdf  That's a diagnostic pamphlet from the motor manufacturer.  I can try and help you through any questions you might have.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Thank you so much.
Is the humming from the transformer tell you anything ?

I assume I should not turn it back on until figure out what is wrong?
All transformers hum, some you can hear, some you can't. It means the transformer is likely alive and well. You shouldn't run it if the blower is not working.
I may have not described it well...
the blower will come on and run.
sometimes for a minute or so. then will shut off. ...sometimes for 5 or 10 seconds and then come back on for 20seconds to a couple of minutes or so then shut off for another 5-20 seconds then come back on.

it actually took a while to realize something was wrong as its pretty quiet.
and the house was still cool.

I took the thermostat down and checked the wires. all seem tight and no corrosion.

it has the  X-13 motor
OK whole new ball game. Shut down the unit and find the terminal strip in the air handler where the thermostat wires are connected. Remove the stat wires from the R terminal and run a light jumper wire from the R terminal to the G terminal. Power up and see if the fan starts and runs If so, the problem is the stat wiring or transformer. If not, its internal to the air handler/motor. Let me know and I'll help you through next steps.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories.