Looking for scrap woods
Thumbs Up 
We are in need of your scrap wood.  I sold one of my turnings and I can pay shipping on a few boxes.

We can use anything from 1/8" to 10/4 any width and length.  It does not matter the type of wood since I can glue it up and we can use it for making bandsaw boxes, turnings, or just anything else.

If you would like to get rid of some of your scrap please PM me

Thanks a ton
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
You might look for pallets from nearly anywhere. Those are typically hardwoods of various but unknown types but the price is right. A bit of work with prybar, jointer, and planer and you can have a lot of smaller pieces.

My son has made all his bedroom and dining room furniture from free pallets and it looks good.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Nice idea but I do not have a truck or trailer or anything big enough to get them.  I sure would love to have a small truck now that I can drive after 8+ years after getting hurt.

Paul

I can not send you a reply to your pm back to you so you will have to turn it on.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

PaulM85

I can not respond to your PM because you have not turned them on.  I have a post on how to do so and thank you for thinking of us.

I get scrap from local cabinet shops, it is amazing how much wood gets thrown out.  I will often bring it home in my car since it is smaller stuff.  You could always carry a handsaw when you are out and about.  I wish you were closer since I have a bunch that I would be delighted to give you.  They are domestics so not worth shipping.
Thanks for the suggestion Matt however, I have not driven since I got hurt over 8 years ago but hopefully soon this year on short trips to the city of 10 miles of interstate.

I would like to say a big THANK you to the two individuals who sent afew boxes to us along with some turning tools too.

Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin

Arlin, pm me your address, I'll pack you up a big flat rate box of american elm shorts.....on the "house"

Might take a few days to get it out. Lots of irons in the fire.

Ed
I have some of the fan pieces of aromatic red Cedar that I will not in all likelihood ever use is that something that would be helpful