Windsor Stools
I made a pair of Windsor style stools. These are painted with home made milk paint. I still need to burnish the final coat and apply oil.

Wildturkey (member here) let me use his lathe, my lathe can be seen in the background and cant handle the seat width. This was also the first time turning bamboo style legs. They go a lot quicker than baluster style. 

[Image: Windsor_Stools.jpg]

Cool  Very looking stools I like them. I haven't tried Milk Paint yet but am going to for some up coming projects. Do you have a formula that you used to make this ?

Thanks for sharing !

Steve
This was my second round of milk paint experiment.  For the first round, last year, I separated milk to get the casein for the paint. That is a major PITA.

The common protein powder you find in GNC type places is whey protein, but milk paint uses the casein proteins from milk, so  I ordered some plain/unflavored casein protein powder through amazon. I workout at the gym a few times a week so this has dual purpose, plus you can make an easy and delicious ice cream substitute with the addition of some fruit and sweetener.

Basic recipe is, (give or take a little here and there)
1 scoop of protein powder
8 - 10 oz water
Tbl spoon of pigment powder (must be lime proof)
Tbl spoon of hydrated lime

I have used the milk paints from both companies that market it as well as General Finishes milk paints. My version seems to have better adhesion then the powder mixes you can buy, plus it does not get all foamy when mixed. When I burnish it, the surface burnishes well without a large loss of paint.

Cool Me likey lots!
Cool
Ag
Nice work.
>
Worse than ignorance is the illusion of knowledge.
>
The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. - Gustave Le Bon

Scoony thank you for the reply, I am anxious to try this out. That sure turned out great.  I eventually want to build that Dutch Chest and would like to use that on this project.

Steve
John, those are
Cool Love the colors.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Great looking stools and thank you for the formula. I just used the powder for the first time recently, but experimenting with making my own could be fun.